It is just about the time for full-fledged holiday shopping to begin. In an attempt to get even more of your business, many merchants offer price matching. It is important to understand all of these policies at your favorite retailers to help you get the most of your money!
Target always offers price matching. They have made a few changes over the holidays, to help you (hopefully) shop more with them! Here is what you need to know about the Target 2013 Price Matching Policy:
- Guests will be able to match on-line prices at Target. The competitor sites are limited to: Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy, BabiesRUs and Toysrus. You can show the price on your mobile device or print and bring in the printout.
- You can price match up to 7 days after your purchase.
- The original ad is required and must be valid the date requesting the price match.
- Price matching will run from November 1st – December 21st.
- To price match local stores, the original receipt is required (must do so by December 21, 2013).
- Target will not match any prices on any products between November 28 through December 2nd and December 22 through December 26th.
- See Target.com for more details (make sure you read up so you fully understand the policy).
- Standard price matching policies apply.
- If you purchase an item at Walmart and then find a lower prices, bring in the receipt or competitor’s print ad and they will give you the difference on a Walmart gift card.
- Exclusions include Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday prices, expired ads, ads with gift cards, Internet pricing, and more.
- The ad match only applies to local competitor’s print ads and does not include online pricing; except for purchases made at Walmart.com.
- Read more on Walmart.com.
This holiday season, Best Buy will match online retailers as well. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Price matching is limited to electronics and appliances.
- Customers must ask for the reduced price, which will be granted based upon judgment of employees on the sales floor.
- Price matching excludes gift card offers, BestBuy.com clearance, Marketplace items and items on sale from Thanksgiving Day through the following Monday (December 2nd)
- Read more at BestBuy.com.
TOYS R US / BABIES R US
Another store getting in on the Price Matching game is Toys R Us / Babies R Us. Here are the holiday price matching details:
- The ad must be a current / valid print ad from the store.
- They will not match on-ine prices/deals; unless it is it’s own store and they will match their own on-line prices.
- Customers have up to seven days to bring in a purchased item to get a price adjustment.
- Items known to be limited quantities are excluded.
- They will not match Thanksgiving Day nor Black Friday prices.