If you love to camp, then you have to check out this list of awesome camping hacks!
There are always ways to make things better and sometimes, the ideas are right under our noses. However, we just don’t realize it!
One thing I know many love to do is to go camping. Getting outside and enjoying nature while being able to get away from technology and the daily grind is appealing for so many reasons.
You probably have your own way of doing things, but what if you could do them better? We have rounded up 25 of the greatest camping hacks that we could find!
1. Use cut pool noodles to mark the flag stakes. This can prevent you from tripping over them.
2. Create a mason jar matchbox.
3. Make your own Toilet paper container.
4. Transform a headlight into a lantern.
5. Use an egg carton and charcoal to make your own fire starters (instructions at DIY Ready).
6. Place Bounce dryer sheets under your table cloth — will keep bees away (courtesy of Huffington Post).
7. Don’t take bar soaps with you, just shave into smaller chunks (from A Subtle Revelry).
8. Take a bucket and a pool noodle to create your own portable potty (Idea from Puget Sound Preppers).
9. Use foam floor tiles to make the floor more comfortable (A Little Campy).
10. Bake bread in tin cans to make it portable (The Ready Store).
11. Make a natural tick deterrent (1 Part tree teal oil to 2 parts water in a spay bottle. Spray onto shoes, socks and pant cuffs).
12. Store spices you need in tic tac containers (Details HERE).
13. Create single use antibiotic or toothpaste packets out of straws (BrianGreen).
14. Make travel coffee bags (details at SC Johnson).
15. Create candle stakes (A Subtle Revelry).
16. Make a detergent dispenser a hand washing station (Great Wild Outdoors).
17. Use a belt and hooks to hang up pots and pans (credit: unknown).
18. Use an old pill bottle to make a first aid kit (courtesy of Chasing Green).
19. Create a portable washing machine with a plunger and a bucket (Details HERE).
20. Use Doritos as kindling (Macbros Place).
21. Use a closet organizer to get items off of the table and clear up space (find one HERE).
22. Put sage in your campfire to keep mosquitos away (courtesy of The Fertile Garden).
23. Make cinnamon rolls in orange peels (see Truly Simple for details).
24. Freeze water in gallon jugs — use to keep food cold and have drinking water for later (Camping Blogger).