Candy corn sugar cookie bars are sure to be a hit at your child’s Halloween party. They look difficult to make, but are actually pretty simple!
Here is another FUN treat idea for your Halloween party! You can make these candy corn sugar cookie bars – complete with colored layers. It may look tricky, but it is actually pretty simple to make! Add some candy corn colored sprinkles to make them even more fun!
I found this recipe on Dessert Now, Dinner Later and modified it just a bit to fit my own kids’ tastes.
Check out our other fun Halloween treat ideas:
- ½ cup softened butter (room temp is best)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ Tbs milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Red & Yellow Drop Food Coloring or Yellow and Orange Gel
- 1 can of white frosting (or make your own form your own recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Place parchment paper in a 9x13 pan - so that the edges come over the 13" side. Make sure you spray the 9" sides with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and blend.
- Separate the dough in half.
- Tint one part yellow and the other orange. Make sure the color is well blended through the dough.
- Take the yellow dough and place into the bottom of the pan. You may need to use a small roller to get it flat, or just use your fingers to push it into the corners and make it level.
- Next, roll out the orange on a flat surface (on flour).
- You can then pick it up and place it on top of the yellow. Push it out flat as well so that you cover all of the yellow dough.
- Bake for 18 - 21 minutes (or until edges are browned).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before pulling it out of the pan.
- Once cooled, grab the parchment paper and pull it out of your pan.
- Frost the cookies.
- Cut in half lengthwise and then cut that again.
- Cut into triangles.
- Sprinkle (as desired) and enjoy!!!