This recipe is one of my absolute FAVORITES! It is the perfect companion to any meat or poultry dishes and super easy to make! This one takes around 40 minutes to prepare, so not too long to have hot and ready for dinner.
- ½ stick melted butter or margarine
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (can use cream of mushroom as well)
- 12 oz of sour cream (about ¾ of a 16 oz container)
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp. dried onion
- 24 oz of frozen hash browns (can do shredded or cubed - about ¾ of the bag)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add butter, soup, sour cream, cheddar cheese and dried onion together and mix well.
- Fold in the potatoes.
- Place in greased casserole dish or glass pan.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.
*If you add too many potatoes, add more sour cream to thin it out.