This awesome and fun DIY Burlap-Twine Monogram Candle can be accomplished in 10 minutes or less and costs less than $2 start to finish! Now you can’t beat that for an easy DIY home project! These monogram candles are perfect for placing around your home as decor, giving as gifts or even as centerpieces for a wedding or ceremony!
- 1 candle (I used a Glade candle)
- Burlap Twine
- Black Paint
- Sponge Paint Brush
- Stencil of monogram letter (I made my with my Silhouette machine)
- Hot Glue & Glue Gun
1. Using a dab of hot glue attach a piece of burlap twine to the outside of the glass candle. Every so often you may want to add a tiny dab of hot glue as you wrap it around the candle to reinforce it. Once your have fully covered the desired area of the candle, finish off this step with another dab of hot glue.
2. Take your stencil (or make a stencil using a Silhouette machine) carefully stick it to the burlap twine. Make sure all of the edges are fully attached without any gaps.
3. With the black paint and sponge brush carefully apply the black paint atop the stencil. Do not “wipe” the paint on, but lightly dab it.
4. Let the paint sit for about 5 minutes and then remove the stencil.