I love the way this sign turned out! Let’s face it, us mom’s spend way too much time in the laundry room. Sometimes while you are slaving away in your laundry room you just need something cute to look at and make you smile. This Lather-Rinse-Repeat laundry room sign was a ton of fun to make and is that perfect touch of color to add to that dull laundry room we dread so much.
- Silhouette machine
- DCWV Scrapbook Paper
- 8×10 photo frame
- 3 clothes pins
- 9-12 inches of twine
1. Select a background scrapbook paper for your sign. I used a rustic looking “wood” design to go with the decor in my home.
2. Using your Silhouette machine, copy/trace the image provided above for the T-shirt. Cut 5 shirts out of scrapbook paper using your blade at “4”.
3. Again with your Silhouette machine cut the words “Lather” and “Repeat” using font Kunstler Script and sized at 250 pt. For the word “Rinse” I used font Berlin Sans FB Demi in size 200 pt. Make sure to set your blade to “2” for the vinyl.
4. Carefully weed out the vinyl for each word and using transfer tape place it on the desired location on the background paper. For the word “Rinse” you will want to place one letter on each T-shirt.
5. Now the fun part. Finishing up the design, by simply assembling each piece on the background page selected. To attach the twine for the clothes pins and T-shirts I simply used a small piece of tape around the back of the paper. As for the shirts you can attach them with the clothes pins or use a tiny piece of two sided tape or glue (really it’s up to you and what you feel comfortable using).
6. Place the finished page in a photo frame of your choice, hang it in your laundry room and enjoy a little something special while you are performing the dreaded daily laundry tasks.