1. Key Ring (free). Do you find that you have 5, 10 or even MORE store loyalty cards? This is a free app to help you keep all of those cards handy, without having to keep the card in your wallet (or taking up space on your key chain). You scan the barcode of your card (or manually type it into your phone). Then, when you shop, you show the barcode for that stores’s card to your cashier and they scan it and you are done! No more fumbling to find the cards you need! This is a free app which you can find for both Apple and Android Devices.
2. Cozi (free). This is an app my family has actually used too. It is a way for all family members to use one calendar to write down events and more! One really neat feature about this is that when you update something on one device, it pushes out to all devices using the same account. Not only that, but it even has a shopping list feature! That way, you can write down an item you need at the store, so if another family member stops by for you, they can grab the items you need too!! The basic app is free, but you can pay to upgrade to a pro version instead, if you so choose. This app is available on both Apple and Android.
3. Refillables ($0.99 Apple store). This is the app that helps you keep track of the things you have to replace, such as furnace filters, ink cartridges and more! You simply add the details for each item, including any manufacturer and model details as well as the refill numbers. You can even customize the pre-labeled items to make them your own. Now, when you are out and see a deal on a furnace filter, you can pull the app up on your phone, see the size you need and stock up!
4. Loop Pay (free). This is an amazing app to help you keep all of your debit, credit, loyalty and even gift card in one place! You download the free app and set up your own security features. Then, when you are out you can use your PHONE to pay!! Yep – this replaces the need to carry your cards with you. What I loved most was that it was not just my bank cards which were stored, but also my gift cards. I hate toting all of these around with me, and now, I don’t need to. I just add the card detail to the app and the balance is right there on my phone. I can then use my gift card to pay — and then even use the phone to pay for any remaining balance! The app is free, but you can purchase a KeyFob and other accessories here.
5. Zip List (free). This app will not only help you plan your shopping trip, but even find recipes! You can find a recipe and add the items you need to purchase directly from the recipe to your shopping list. It will even help you track down the deals at your local store! Having more than 100,000 recipes at your finger tips will also help you find new meals to make for your family! This app can be downloaded to either and Android or Apple device.
6. RedLaser (free). This app helps you find the best deal on any item you need. Just scan the barcode on the product in the store and it will return the prices from other online retailers. That way, you know if you can get a better deal elsewhere – or even price match that competitor’s price right there in the store! Available both on Android and Apple devices.
7. Evernote (free). This is app will help you keep track of your to do lists, notes and more. You can scan in documents or photos — just about anything you may need at a moment’s notice! This is a great way to keep track of those wish lists for the holidays or have other information right at your fingertips. The basic app is free, but if you want to upload many items, you will have to pay $5 monthly. Find this both on Apple and Android.
8. Rescue Time (free). If you ever wondered how much time you waste on social media or other apps during the day, this app can help. It runs in the background and tracks the time you spend on various applications all day long. You can then look it at and find out where you may be spending too much time, and how to change your focus! This is a free app — click HERE for more information.
9. Last Pass (free). Let’s face it, everything these days requires a password. In order to make sure you are protected, your passwords need to be more difficult. Not only that, you need different ones for your various websites – so that they are not all the same. This app stores all of your passwords. They are all stored via password (which means only ONE to remember). It syncs between all of your devices. It is available on Android, Apple and Windows markets (make sure you check out this one for your computer too)!
10. Dropbox (free). This has to be one of my favorites. I not only keep photos in here, but also documents, links and more! My family then has access to everything we need — write down to our budget! Basic storage is free, but you will have to pay if you need to increase your storage space (which is worth it if you have a lot of items you need to store). This is compatible with Android, Apple and Windows devices.