Last night I made a status update on Facebook about reaching more than 15,000 steps in a single day on my Fit Bit and my friend Lauren, with I am That Lady told me that I could have made money on those steps! She shared with me that you can actually get PAID when using your FitBit! WHO KNEW!?!!
Check out these EASY ways to get paid for using your Fit Bit or other activity tracker!!!
1. Earn $5 from Shop Your Way (every 14 miles walked).
Believe it or not, Shop Your Way will actually give you money for staying healthy. It is simple to get signed up, just follow these steps:
- Visit Shop Your Way Rewards and click the orange BECOME A CLIENT button. (Now, you will be able to get exclusive coupon codes directly from me!!)
- Make sure you own a FitBit (you can buy one directly through Shop Your Way once you are signed up – and will also earn 1,000 points for doing so).
- Next, you need to create an account at FitStudio.com. Just make sure you use the exact same login information you used when creating your Shop Your Way account above!
- Now you can start to earn those points and then redeem your credit at ShopYourWay.com!!
2. Earn Walgreen’s Balance Rewards Points.
Another way to earn money is to connect your FitBit to your Walgreen’s Balance Rewards card. It is easy to connect your device and start to earn points for walking!
- Visit Walgreens.com and sign up for a Balance Rewards Account (if you do not already have one).
- Once you have your card, create (or sign into) your account.
- From the main screen, click on Account Home.
- From there, scroll down to find Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices (Steps) and click the blue button EARN POINTS.
- Click through the screens sharing information. Next you can click on connect a Fitness Tracker (so it updates for you automatically).
- Select the type of tracker you are using.
- Next, you will redirect to FitBit’s site and need to ALLOW the app to run (pink button).
- Now, as you walk, you will earn points!
3. Earn Rewards from AchieveMint.
This is a new app I just learned about. You simply sign up to connect your FitBit and get actual real-life rewards!
- Visit AchieveMint and click on Register at the top of the page.
- Enter your information on the first screen.
- Next, you will see a link to connect your AchieveMint account to your FitBit account. Click there and follow the steps.
- You earn points for the activities you complete and when you reach 50,000 points, you will get a $50 Visa Card!!
I love that you don’t have to do anything more than just walk to build up those points!
4. Every Move to Earn Points.
This is a health rewards program which allows you to earn points via your FitBit (and other methods). You might even check with your insurance company or employer as some of them will even MATCH the points you earn!
- Visit EveryMove.org and click the orange SIGN UP button.
- Once your account is set up, you will be redirected to a page which shows various devices, including the FitBit. Click to connect your account.
- Once connected, you will then go and can add your Health Plan, Employer or even college (where you may earn bonus points or additional rewards if they participate). If you do not have these, you can just skip that step.
What was great is that when I signed up, it went back and grabbed some of my prior activity, which added in some “retro-active” points for me!
The only down side to this one is that you don’t earn free items, but rather discounts on those products you may want to purchase.
5. Earn points to donate to charity (or keep them for yourself) through Higi.
This is an interesting app because it will allow you to earn points to redeem towards products, or, if you prefer, make a donation to a charity!
- Visit higi.com and click the green SIGN UP button.
- Fill out the profile information.
- When you get to the screen to connect your device, click on the FitBit link.
- Follow the steps to link your account.
- Once you reach points, you can either cash them in towards discount codes or donate to a charity instead.
The great thing is that most of these apps will also work with any device you have, allowing you to earn money while staying active!