This chocolately peanut butter treat is insanely easy to make! Not only is it the perfect recipe for your kids to help you make, but they will also be the talk of the party (or whatever event you are making them for!) Just beware – these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bon’s are dangerously delicious and will not do your waistline good!
- 1 1/4 cup (9 oz) smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup bag confectioners sugar
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, confectioners sugar and melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Line a baking sheet. Roll the peanut butter filling into 1 inch balls. Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes (this step will make coating with chocolate much easier!)
- In a sauce pan fill with water about 1/3 full and bring to a soft boil. Place chocolate in a metal bowl and create a double boiler by placing the metal bowl over the boiling water. Basically you are going to melt the chocolate by the steam of the water boiling below.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Insert a toothpick or wooden skewer into a peanut butter ball and then dip it into the chocolate. Cover the entire candy as best you can and quickly replace chocolate covered peanut butter balls to the lined baking sheet or platter.
- Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.