The holidays are coming (whether you are ready for them or not). That means we will be doing all we can to find the best deals on the items you need and want.
Sometimes, there are deals which are super hot! These includes electronics or even toys that everyone wants. We might find a deal that is smokin’ hot and will sell out or we may even find that toy you need that you can’t find available anywhere! However, if you are away from Facebook, Twitter or our site, you may not see the deal. We’ve found a way to help you get a text alert to these deals!
We even went so far as to make three different categories for our hot deals – so you can sign up only for the ones that you need! Keep in mind that we may put an item under more than one, so you might end up with two different texts with the same info (for example, if we find a hot deal on Beats by Dre, we will alert anyone who signs up for hot deals and then also for anyone who is signed up for hot electronics deals).
Here is how you can get this service added to your phone or device:
- Visit Zapier.com.
- Click on the orange use this zap button.
- Create your account (or login, if you already have one).
- When it asks for the feed URL, you will need to copy and paste the one you want (just pick one and you can add more if you need to):
http://www.pennypinchinmom.com/hot-electronic-deal-alerts/feed(Make sure you copy the ENTIRE link as listed here or the feeds will not work properly).
- Enter your phone number when prompted.
- Click the Save+Finish Button.
- Allow it to send a test to your phone (to confirm it is connected).
- Click on your Dashboard.
- Make sure that your messages are turned on – should look like this:
- If it is not, just toggle it to ON.
If you want to add another category, follow these steps:
- Click on your Dashboard.
- Select the orange MAKE A NEW ZAP button.
- Choose trigger app – type in RSS and select RSS by Zapier.
Chose an action app – type in SMS and select SMS by Zapier.
- Choose a trigger – click on new item in feed.
Choose an action – click on send SMS.
Should look like this:
- 2 – your RSS is already set up – so hit continue.
- Select your account (should default to yours). You can test it if you want to make sure it works. Hit continue.
- Under Feed URL, copy and paste whichever alert you want to receive (see above). Can skip all other options.
- When it asks to match up, you can make your message. Click on Insert Fields and select
Now, when we flag a deal with this alert, you will get an instant text sent right to your phone! That’s it – never miss out on any of those hot deals again!!!
**Standard text messaging rates will apply. See your carrier for details and costs associated with your plan.