In the United States the average age of cars and light trucks on the roads today has reached a record high of 9.4 years, making it more important than ever for consumers to take proper care of their vehicles. With the new MotorOilMatters.org web site http://www.motoroilmatters.org/default.php (created by industry-leading brands Pennzoil, Quaker State and Shell Rotella); you can easily locate key information that will help prolong your engine´s life and improve overall efficiency, as well as help answer any questions you may have about motor oil. In addition, the site offers a fun, educational game for you to play called “M.O.M. Knows Best” where you can put your motor mind to the test with an interactive quiz.
Did you know?
– According to a study by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association, nearly 9 out of 10 female motorists are involved in their household’s vehicle maintenance and repair
– According to a national survey that polled 522 women, 46 percent incorrectly assumed simply switching from conventional engine oil to synthetic oil enables the number of miles between oil changes to be safely extended*
– Using a quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy, and help save money by preventing costly engine damage
– Off-brand, no-name or discount oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer´s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle´s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer´s warrant
* Jiffy Lube Survey Conducted by Opinion Research Corporation, 2006
In order to help make sure that you get your oil changed for proper vehicle maintenance, the great people at My Blog Spark are giving me a $35.00 gift card to Jiffy Lube to pass along to one of you!!
So – do you want to win one of two $35.00 gift cards? Think of it this way — this could be a great stocking stuffer for a college student this year!
Entering is simple — just like usual. You can enter up to 4 different times for this giveaway. If you have won something within the last 3 giveaways, you will not be eligible to win this one — just trying to share my giveaways with everyone. What is great is that there are 2 winners — each of you will get a gift card!
Be sure to leave me a comment for each entry you are making:
1. Subscribe to my daily emails — if you already do, just leave a comment that lets me know.
2. Follow me on Twitter. If you already follow my tweets – just post that.
3. Join us on Facebook by becoming a fan of mine. Once again — if you already do that, just leave me a comment.
4. If you have a blog of your own – make a post about this giveaway and leave a link in my comments.
This contest will run through November 17th and the winner will be chosen at random using random.org. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!
Additionally, to make a trip to get your oil changed even more rewarding, Pennzoil® has partnered with the VH1 Save The Music Foundation through its “Play The Music. Save The Music” Campaign, and now through December 6, 2009 anyone can receive up to 46 FREE music downloads and up to a $15 service certificate back by mail, when they get their oil changed at Jiffy Lube and other Pennzoil® participating installers. See www.pennziol.com for details and to find your local participating installer locations.
(KCPPM was provided a $35.00 gift card, but will be unable to use it, so she is going to give away her card in addition to the one provided by My Blog Spark to one of my readers. In addition, all of the information contained was provided by My Blog Spark and does not contain any opinions of KCPPM.)
Like what you read here? If so, subscribe via e-mail or RSS Reader. You can also catch me on Twitter too!