Let’s face it — cold and flu season is coming whether you are ready or not! Of course, you can stop by Walgreens and get your flu shot, but sometimes, even that won’t keep some of those viruses from getting you down. Most of us will end up at our drug store looking for items to help us get over that nasty head cold or nagging cough. And of course, we ALL need to save money in the process.
One way to do that is to stick with the store brands. What most people don’t realize is that these are the same products as their name brand counterparts — just under a store label. So, when you pay more – you pay simply for the brand – nothing more! So, there is really no reason not to check out the W Brand products next time you head out to pick up your cold and flu products.
You can actually learn more about the Flu by reviewing the Walgreens Flu Impact Report series, Part I and Part II, These reports reveal how the flu affected American’s lives last year. Key results included:
- 100 million work days lost due to flu-related illness last season, resulting in $6.8 billion in lost wages
- One-third of respondents spent between $251 and $1,000 treating the flu last season
- 32 million school days were missed due to flu last season, which also translates to missed work days and other challenges
- Interestingly, spouses and partners are evenly split when asked whether it’s easier to take care of oneself or the other person. However, when asked,one-third of women surveyed think their spouse is annoying or a “nightmare” when they’re sick, only 14 percent of men feel the same way
- Last flu season… Over 1 million weddings were missed, more than 3 million vacations were canceled or interrupted, almost 5 million holiday celebrations were missed.
In addition to holidays and planned vacations, there may be other engagements and important dates that fall when flu is widely circulating. There’s no planning for an ill-timed illness, and these findings from last year’s typical flu season reinforce the importance of getting a flu shot each year.
To help ensure you take care of yourself — Walgreen’s will provide one reader with agift basket filled withW Brand cold and flu products!
To enter, click the image below. Then, answer the required question. If you would like, you can gain up to 5 additional bonus entries for each task as listed.
This contest will be open until December 10th at 11:59 p.m PST. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email. Said winner will have 48 hours in which to provide me with their mailing address so that the prize can be forwarded to them. GOODLUCK!!!
Penny Pinchin’ Mom received product samples for her review. All opinions contained within this post are her own and were not influenced by any other parties. Please be sure to review the Giveaway Terms & Conditions before entering this contest.