It is just about the time for full-fledged holiday shopping to begin. In an attempt to get even more of your business, many merchants offer price matching. It is important to understand all of these policies at your favorite retailers to help you get the most of your money!
Target always offers price matching. They have made a few changes over the holidays, to help you (hopefully) shop more with them! Here is what you need to know about the Target 2012 Price Matching Policy:
- Holiday Price Matching starts November 1, 2012 and runs through December 16, 2012.
- Guests will be able to match on-line prices at Target. The competitor sites are limited to: Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy, BabiesRUs and Toysrus.
- To match the price, Guests must show the match prior to December 16th at Guest Services.
- To price match local stores, the original receipt is required.
- Target will not match any prices on any products between November 22, 2012 – November 26, 2012.
- Not available in AK or HI.
- See Target.com for more details (make sure you read up so you fully understand the policy).
Walmart has not made any changes to their price matching policy (as of the time of this post). This means that they will match any competitor prices, even if it is a Black Friday deal. Keep in mind, however, that they will not match post Black Friday prices – meaning if you buy it on Black Friday and find it cheaper afterwards, they will not refund you the difference (unlike how they normally do).
They are not planning to match on-line prices at this time (but this is subject to change).
This holiday season, Best Buy will match online retailers as well. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Holiday price matching runs November 4 – 17, 2012 and November 27 – December 24, 2012.
- Price matching is limited to electronics and appliances.
- Customers must ask for the reduced price, which will be granted based upon judgment of employees on the sales floor.
TOYS R US / BABIES R US
Another store getting in on the Price Matching game is Toys R Us / Babies R Us. Here are the holiday price matching details:
- The ad must be a current / valid print ad from the store.
- They will not match on-ine prices/deals; unless it is it’s own store and they will match their own on-line prices.
- Customers have up to seven days to bring in a purchased item to get a price adjustment.
- Items known to be limited quantities are excluded.