Everyone once in a while I just wake up craving biscuits and gravy! I am not sure if this happens to anyone else, but I can tell you that making it from home really doesn’t take very long. Plus let’s all just agree that homemade tastes a million times better! Furthermore, I have noticed that the prices at our favorite breakfast restaurants are going up and honestly homemade biscuits and gravy really doesn’t cost much to make!
This recipe takes no more than 10 minutes to make start to finish and costs less than $5 total!!
- 16 oz Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage
- 2 Tbp. butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups of miilk
- Salt and Pepper
- Turn stovetop to high and preheat your skillet/saute pan.
- In the large preheated skillet/saute pan cook off sausage until browned all the way through. Make sure to keep the sausage crumbly while cooking, as to prevent too big of chucks in your gravy.
- Once sausage is fully cooked, add butter and stir until melted. Add flour to mixture to create a rue.
- Once your sausage/butter mixture looks like a thick paste slowly add milk while stirring.
- Continue to add milk until you get the constancy your desire for your gravy.
- Serve over biscuits or your choice and enjoy!