Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
We are big fans of ranch dressing in our house. It took us a while, but we finally were able to come up with the perfect recipe to make it ourselves!
- ¾ cup Buttermilk (make sure it is shaken well)
- 3 Tbs Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp finely chopped dill, parsley or chives
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- Few dashes of Tobasco Sauce or hot sauce of your choice
- Grated lemon zest (to taste - optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except for salt and pepper) into a jar and close.
- Shake like crazy.
- Taste and season to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Seal and shake again.
- You may find that you need to increase or decrease the amount of buttermilk or sour cream to make it either thinner or thicker - depending upon the way you like to eat it.
This will last for a few days in the refrigerator, before the buttermilk will turn and the garlic takes over the flavor.