Here’s another new rewards program – it is called Plink. You simply link your debit card to your account and earn rewards for dining out or shopping at your favorite stores. You simply select where you want to eat or shop and then Plink will activate the offers on your credit or debit card – so they are applied automatically when you make the purchase. When you accumulate enough points, you can cash them in for gift cards!! Here are some of the offers you can find:
- $5 Amazon Gift Card for 500 points
- $5 Kohl’s Gift Card for 500 points
- $5 Walmart Gift card for 500 points
- $5 iTunes Gift card for 500 points
The idea behind this is to help you save money without having to remember to clip a coupon or show it to the clerk or server prior to payment. What is fun is that you can earn even more points when you refer your family and friends to the system, which can help you bank more points even more quickly!
When it comes to registering your card, you can only choose one – so choose wisely. I’d stick with the one you use most frequently (being a credit-card free family, I recommend linking to your debit card). Keep in mind that this system is new and some banks may not yet be available. If that is the case, you may have to opt to use your credit card for now. Here’s how to get started:
- Head to Plink and create an account.
- Link your credit or debit card to your account.
- Within 10 – 30 minutes, you should see 500 points in your account. Redeem those for your FREE gift card!!