Nothing is better than when two of my favorite foods are married into a meal. This recipe combines maple syrup and bacon and is just oh, so yummy! It might sound like the perfect breakfast food, but we oftentimes make it for dinner here and it is ALWAYS a hit.
The best way to describe this dish is like pancakes and bacon together in one dish. It is very simple to make and requires only ingredients which you probably have at home right now!
- 1½ cups Bisquick
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 12 slices of bacon (crumbled)
- Grease a 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 350.
- Mix Bisquick, sugar, eggs, milk, syrup and ½ of the cheese and pour into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While that is in the oven, fry up the bacon so it is crispy and then crumble it. You can either do this on a cutting board or put it into a plastic baggie and use your fingers to break it up.
- When the timer goes off, remove the pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and bacon and bake until the cheese is melted (around 5 - 7 minutes).
- Serve and top with more maple syrup and enjoy!