Nut Free Banana Bread
I absolutely LOVE banana bread. However, I do not care for any sort of nuts in mine at all! This is the recipe my mom used when I was growing up, and now I make it for my kids! It takes a little more than an hour from start to finish and you have fresh, warm banana bread! Yum!
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter or margerine
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- ¾ cup of smashed bananas (usually 2 bananas is enough)
- ½ cup of buttermilk**
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- **If you do not have buttermilk, you can create a substitute. Check our
- Baking Substitutions List
- to learn how to make your own!
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease bread loaf pan.
- Mix all items in the order given until creamy.
- Pour into pan and bake for around 1 hour (may take 1 hour and 5 - 10 minutes). t is finished when you insert a knife and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Use a knife along the edge of the bread (to separate it from the pan) and dump bread out onto a cooling rack.