This red, white & blue chocolate blueberry candy is the perfect addition to any Memorial Day or July 4th party! It is very easy to make and your guests will be coming back for more!
The addition of the blueberries turns something that might have been a little too sweet into something refreshing and delicious! You can even add in some raspberries or strawberries if you would like, to bring in even more flavors to this easy dessert.
This dessert is best if you make them with candy molds. You can find the ones we used HERE, for less than $10 or so.
Of course, you will want to make sure that you also have some red, white and blue mac & cheese on hand as well! No reason to not have all of your foods fit in with the theme of your party!
- White chocolate
- 1x1" square of baking wax
- Candy mold (or can use 8x8 pan if you do not have one)
- Non-stick spray
- Red Frosting
- Melt chocolate on the stove (if you do not have a double boiler, boil water in a pan and then place a metal bowl on top of the pot).
- Add baking wax to melted chocolate.
- Spray molds with non-stick spray to ensure the candy will pop out easily when dried.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the molds (or into the pan if you do not want to use a mold).
- After you fill 4 - 5 molds, press the blueberries down into the chocolate (they will sink to the bottom).
- Continue with this process until all molds are filled.
- Allow to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Once dried, pop the candy out of the molds (or cut the candy from the pan).
- Decorate with dots of red frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!