Rice Krispie pumpkin treats are a favorite for Halloween parties. Find out how simple they are to make.
My kids and I love having fun making treats for various holidays. One of their favorite things to make (even when it is just an ordinary Tuesday) is Rice Krispie Treats. I thought I’d turn their favorite after school snack into something fun for them!
I made these Rice Krispie Pumpkin treats for them this past week and they were so excited to eat them when they got home from school. It took me less than 15 minutes to make these, which earned it bonus points in my book!
Other fun Halloween treat ideas:
Make sure you follow my Halloween board on Pinterest to get other amazing and fun Halloween treat ideas!
- 3 Tbs. butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Red & Yellow Food Coloring Drops OR Orange Food Coloring Gel
- 5½ cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- Mini Tootsie Rolls
- Fruit Rollups (find the variety with green stripes)
- **This recipe works best on the stove, so I would not use the microwave**
Melt butter in a large pan.
- Add in vanilla extract and marshmallows.
- Mix until melted and well blended. Add in food coloring (use your own judgement until you achieve the correct level of orange you want).
- Add in the cereal and mix well, making sure to coat all with the mixture so that it is all orange.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly (but not too much or it will harden and set up).
- Spray your hands with cooking spray (to avoid the sticky mess).
- Form mixture into balls.
- Open the tootsie roll and warm slightly in your hand so you can bend it, to make it look more like a stem. Stick onto the top of your pumpkin (you may want to make a slight indentation in the top of the pumpkin o make the tootsie roll stick in properly).
- Cut small green strips from the fruit roll-up and place on the top of the pumpkin (this is optional and is not needed).
- Allow to set up on a pan and then put into an air tight container.
- Serve to your own little pumpkins and watch their faces light up!!