Have you heard of SavingStar? If not, these are “coupons” are actually offers that you load onto your savings card. This month’s offers include:
- $1/2 Quaker Chewy Granola Bars
- $1/2 Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Quick or Old Fashioned Oats
- $0.75/1 Smart Balance Peanut Butter
- $0.55/1 Dean’s Dip
- $1/2 M&Ms, 9 oz+
- $1/2 Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- $1/1 McCann’s Sweet Potato Fries
- $2/1 Huggies Slip On Diapers
- $1/2 Huggies Wipes, 64 ct+
- ….and lots more!
What is great is that you can cash in on these savings at more than 24,000 stores nationwide! If you are not sure about this program, read a little more and I’ll fill you in. This concept is great — get paid while you shopw!Here’s all you have to do:
- Go to SavingStar and input your zip code to find out the stores near where you live that are particiapting (you might be surprised at those you see).
- Go ahead and create an account – which is totally free.
- You will find your stores listed. Just enter you store reward card number into the spaces provided.
- If your store doesn’t have a reward card, you can inquire at their Customer Service desk about getting a UPromise card that you can use to attach to your account.
- Reivew the e-coupons and add them to your card.
- When you shop you will show your card and pay the stores’ price for your item (you should not stack paper coupons with your e-coupons). You will NOT save anything at the register.
- Within 7 – 30 days, you have the value of the e-coupon in your account (there are differences as each store submits data on a different schedule). As soon as SavingStart gets the information, it is posted.
- When you reach $5 in your account, you can then redeem it for various rewards – including a direct payout of cash to you via Pay Pal.
The question that is asked most frequently is this “Can I use these along with a manufacturer’s coupon?” According to the SavingStar FAQs, that is not the intent. However, you can stack them with store coupons – as long as they are not manufacturer’s coupons.
Here are some of the stores that I found that participate:
- Hen House Market (Kansas City)
- Country Mart
- Rite Aid
- Food Lion
- …..and lots more