Have you heard of SavingStar? If not, these are “coupons” are actually offers that you load onto your savings card. This month’s offers include:
- $1/1 Lipton Tea, 100 ct+
- $1/2 Lay’s Kettle Cooked Chips, 8.5 oz+
- $2/2 Lipton Iced Tea 12 packs, any flavor/variety
- $1/2 Cheetos or Fritos Snacks, 8.5 oz+
- $0.40/1 Karo Syrup, any
- $2/2 Pepsi 12 oz can 18, 20 or 24 packs
- $0.75/1 Shick Hydro Shave Gel
- $1/1 McCain Sweet Potato Fries
- …and lots more!
What is Saving Star?
What is great is that you can cash in on these savings at more than 24,000 stores nationwide! If you are not sure about this program, read a little more and I’ll fill you in. This concept is great — get paid while you shop! Here’s all you have to do:
- Go to SavingStar and input your zip code to find out the stores near where you live that are particiapting (you might be surprised at those you see).
- Go ahead and create an account – which is totally free.
- You will find your stores listed. Just enter you store reward card number into the spaces provided.
- If your store doesn’t have a reward card, you can inquire at their Customer Service desk about getting a UPromise card that you can use to attach to your account.
- Reivew the e-coupons and add them to your card.
- When you shop you will show your card and pay the stores’ price for your item (you should not stack paper coupons with your e-coupons). You will NOT save anything at the register.
- Within 7 – 30 days, you have the value of the e-coupon in your account (there are differences as each store submits data on a different schedule). As soon as SavingStart gets the information, it is posted.
- When you reach $5 in your account, you can then redeem it for various rewards – including a direct payout of cash to you via Pay Pal.
The question that is asked most frequently is this “Can I use these along with a manufacturer’s coupon?” According to the SavingStar FAQs, that is not the intent. However, you can stack them with store coupons – as long as they are not manufacturer’s coupons.
Here are some of the stores that I found that participate:
- Hy-Vee (see Customer Service to get a free UPromise Card).
- Hen House Market (Kansas City)
- Country Mart
- Rite Aid
- Food Lion
- …..and lots more