If you are stopping by after catching me share my money saving tips and a few of my favorite deals on KCTV5 and KSMO 10 this morning – welcome!! I’ve recapped the information below – just in case you missed it or are looking for more details!! Enjoy!!!
- Here are your money saving tips for 2012 gift giving:
1. Make a list — You probably already know who all you will need to buy gifts for all year long. You probably also know if your kids have parties to go to. You can then start to watch the sales that are going on now and maybe pick up a few things you might need such as games and toys for kids’ birthday parties.
2. Avoid the “It’s On Sale” Trap – while there are deals, just because it is 50% off doesn’t mean you need to buy it. Unless it is something you need or is a gift idea for someone just pass.
3. Start Saving Now. It is early in 2012. If you spent $1200 on your holiday gift giving for 2011, then that is just $100 a month you need to save starting now – or just $23 a week! By doing this the holidays can be paid for in cash. (I keep my change and never spend it and then use all of that to help others in need at the holidays too).
- Steak n Shake – get a free orange freeze with a burger and fries purchase through today – January 5th.
- Price Chopper has Healthy Choice Soups on sale for $0.99 each. Use a $1/3 coupon from this past Sunday’s Smart Source insert and get them for just $0.67 each. Find all of this week’s Price Chopper Deals right here on Penny Pinchin’ Mom.
- HyVee has select varieties of Crest Toothpaste for just $0.99 today and tomorrow. Use the $0.75/1 coupon from the 1/1/12 Proctor & Gamble insert to pick it up for just $0.24! Find even more deals at HyVee this week!