Each school year, teachers spend, on average, around $500 on school supplies (Public News Service). There are some great resources available which will help you save money on the things you need. Some of these are offered to both teachers and homeschooling parents!! You can save on clothing, electronics, supplies and more! Below you’ll find fourteen rewards programs/offers. It is always good to check at your local store to make sure they participate.
1. Ann Taylor Loft. Save 15% off of in-store purchases through the Loft Loves Teachers Program.
2. Apple Store. Teachers save 5% off of all in-store purchases with valid school ID. The best thing is that this includes librarians, home schoolers and even university professors!
3. Barnes & Noble. Sign up in the store so you can save 20% off of your purchases. You will need to show a valid educator status (both teachers and home schooling parents).
4. Books A Million. Certain stores offer teachers a 20% off discount on most purchases. This varies from location to location, so just call ahead to yours to learn more.
5. Half-Price Books. Teachers and homeschoolers can save 10% off of all in-store purchases. You will need to sign up in the store (make sure you have valid ID or proof of status).
6. Hancock Fabric. Save 15% off of your purchase when you show a valid school ID.
7. JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores. Teachers and homeschoolers can save 15% off of their purchases every single day. You can also receive a free 2013-2014 Lesson Planner. Make sure you shopTeacher Appreciation Days on August 10-11, where you will save 25% off of your in-store purchases. Learn more and enroll for your JoAnn Teacher Rewards Discount card.
8. Lakeshore Learning Materials. Join the Teachers’ Club and you will save 15% off of your purchases every day. You can sign up if you are a teacher, educator, administrator or even a homeschooling parent.
9. Michael’s. Save 15% off of your purchases. Make sure you visit with a store associate for exclusions.
10. New York and Company. Some stores offer 15% off with a valid school ID. This offer varies from location to location so call ahead to see if yours participates or not.
11. Office Depot. Teachers receive personalized promotions on products or services which are relevant to them, in addition to saving 15% off of all copy and print orders. They can also earn free supplies by getting 5% back on products purchased. In addition, each July they offer a complimentary Teacher Appreciation Breakfast to kick off eight days of shopping advantages.
12. Office Max. Perks members earn 5% back on select items by signing up for a free Office Max Perks membership. In addition, they are offering Teacher Appreciation days. You will be able to save 25% off of your purchase, get a free reusable tote and gain access to exclusive deals. You will need to be a MaxPerks member to participate. To find the dates at a store near you, head HERE.
13. Staples. Each July, they offer teachers a free reusable tote plus 20% back in Staples Rewards for everything you can fit into your bag. You can find the dates at a store near you HERE. Make sure you also join Teacher Rewards. You will earn 5% cash back on everything in the store (excluding a few select items), an additional 5% back on teaching and art supplies and get free shipping (always). Learn more here.
Which programs have you used which are not listed here?
14. The Limited. Check with your local store as some locations offer a 15% discount to educators. Make sure you have a valid ID at the time of purchase.