Every Sunday morning, we have breakfast together as a family. It is a tradition we’ve done ever since our kids were small. But, we also like to keep it simple. We almost always have bacon and also pancakes, french toast or caramel rolls.
We sometimes have Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls because they are so easy to make. As delicious as they are, I also enjoy caramel rolls. Homemade rolls are amazing, but I prefer a simpler recipe.
I created this super easy way to transform Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls into caramel rolls! If you can melt ingredients in a pot on the stove, you can make these rolls. My recipe is super easy and takes three ingredients, which you probably already have on hand.
- Pro tip: These yummy rolls are an easy addition to a special occasion breakfast, like Christmas brunch! Get our other budget-friendly Christmas brunch options at How to Do Christmas on a Budget.
You will start by setting your rolls out to rise (according to package instructions). I usually set mine out at around 9:30 or 10:00 pm. They will raise while you sleep.
While the oven is preheating, you will make your caramel by mix the brown sugar, water, and butter. Allow to boil and then pour over the top of the rolls. Then bake according to the package (usually 17 – 18 minutes at 350).
As soon as they are done, pull them out and using a cookie sheet, invert the pan. You will need to do so in one quick motion. Allow them to cool for a little so the caramel can set up on the rolls. That’s all it takes to make caramel rolls out of frozen cinnamon rolls — so easy!
Serve and enjoy!
Rhodes Caramel Rolls
Make these caramel rolls before you go to bed and they’ll be ready to toss in the oven when you get up in the morning.
- Prep Time: 10 hours
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 10 hours 18 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 2 – 3 Tbs. water
- 6 – 8 frozen Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls
- Let rolls rise according to package instructions (overnight or quick method in the morning).
- Once rolls are ready, combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir for one minute.
- Pour mixture over the rolls.
- Bake at 350 for 15 – 18 minutes (or until rolls are golden brown).
- Invert rolls and serve!
For best results, use a cookie sheet to invert the rolls. Place the sheet upside down over the top of the pan of rolls. Use a quick motion and turn the pan with the rolls upside down, thereby putting them on the cookie sheet.
*Store leftover rolls in an air-tight container in the pantry for up to five (5) days.
Keywords: caramel rolls recipe, rhodes caramel rolls, caramel rolls with frozen rolls