Summer is full of lazy days, swimming pools and having fun. But, as a mom, it can also be stressful!
We checked with moms around the country and they shared some of their BEST summertime hacks! These ideas will make summer a bit easier when the kids are home from school.
As you read the list you may find yourself thinking as I did – “why didn’t I think of that!?!?!”
SUMMERTIME HACKS FOR MOMS
1. Don’t let bugs in your drink. Use a cupcake liner to keep them out!
2. Get out of the door faster by cutting a sticker in half and putting it inside your kids’ shoes! This will make sure they’re always on the right feet.
3. If you’re headed to the beach, keep sand at bay with a simple fitted sheet and your beach bags!
4. Save money and make something from trash with this awesome crazy sprinkler from a bottle!
5. We all wait for those common words this summer, “I’m bored!” Beat the boredom with this I’m Bored jar and ideas of what to put inside!
6. Help cool a sunburn with these easy aloe ice cubes!
7. Don’t make a whole bonfire for smores! Just use a simple terra cotta pot and some tin foil to do the trick!
8. If you’re anywhere near water this summer, do yourself a favor and make a cork keychain to keep those keys afloat!
9. Don’t let your phone and valuables fall in the water, use a peanut butter jar to keep them safe and dry!
10. Sand can be tough to remove, but baby powder makes it easy!
11. Keep the sand out of your car and at the beach by using a mesh laundry basket for all your beach toys!
12. You can use Orajel to instantly take away the itch of bug bites!
13. This fun ice block treasure hunt will keep your kids cool and occupied for quite some time this summer!
14. If you need to raise the temperature of your pool water, just place a few black trash bags on the water! The temps will rise in no time!
15. Keep those minds busy with reading programs that give incentives for your kids to keep reading this summer!
16. This five minute Look & Find Bottle craft will save you from hours of whining on long car rides!
17. Did you know your kids could bowl for free this summer? It’s called Kids Bowl Free and it’s awesome!
18. Cupcake liners have so many uses. Keep the popsicle drips off the kids’ hands this summer by using one!
19. I swear kids go through more laundry in the summer. Help their wardrobe last longer with this free laundry cheat sheet!
20. Use a fine mist spray bottle to cool seat belt buckles so they don’t burn little hands. The water doesn’t even need to be cool, evaporation will do the trick!