This weekend, Bartle Hall in Kansas City, MO will once again host the Progressive Insurance Boat & Sportshow. The event begins on January 23rd and runs through the 26th. Admission is $10 for adults and kids 15 and younger get in for free! If you visit on Thursday or Friday, you can show your Price Chopper Card and instantly save $2 off of 2 adult admissions.
Now, before you think this is just “a bunch of boats”, there is so much more going on – which can make it the perfect even for you and your family!! Check out this list:
- Gypsy Rose III Landship – Young guests can board the Gypsy Rose III Landship with Captain Tim and transform into pirates, explore the ship and participate in sword fights with other young mateys.
- Boating and Outdoor Classroom – Guests will learn the latest in fishing and hunting techniques from local experts in an extensive seminar lineup.
- Dock Dogs – Families will enjoy watching this high flying dog competition to find out which dog can jump the highest and furthest into a giant pool of water.
- Fred’s Shed – Boat owners can attend educational seminars about maintaining, repairing and upgrading their boats. Each seminar will cover a variety of topics and demonstrations, along with question and answer sessions for the experts.
- SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium – Young guests will enjoy viewing starfish, crabs and other sea creatures in SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium’s Ocean in Motion Touch Tank and Artifacts Cart. Kids will also enjoy SEA LIFE Academy, a seminar where kids can dissect a squid and learn what makes these creatures a great escape artist and a formidable deep sea hunter.
- Willow Creek Trout Pond – Young guests will have lots of fun as they cast for live fish in the catch-and-release Willow Creek Trout Pond.
- Texas Bass Tank – This 12-ft. tall, 40-ft long, 5,000 gallon aquarium is stocked with native fish so guests can enjoy a rare underwater view of professional fishing and casting demonstrations.
My family is planning on attending, so who knows — maybe I’ll see you there!!!