The simplest thing you can do to protect your electronics is to make sure they plug into a surge protector when charging. Any small energy surge (or lightning strike) can short them out in an instant. We had it happen a few years ago to our television. That was less than fun. (Read about how we didn’t even run out and buy a new TV immediately – but saved and got an even better deal).
The simplest tip — Use a surge protector! And of course, I’ve got a great deal on one for you. Right now, you can get this Belkin Surge Protector for just $9.99!! This normally sells for $22.
- 7 outlets; 2320 Joules
- 6ft power cord
- 1-in, 2-out RJ11 telephone/fax protection
- 14-gauge, heavy-duty power cord with flat-profile plug
- 7-outlet surge protector with 6-foot cord
- Ideal solution for small home appliances, general household electronics, entry-level computers, printers, and ADSL modems
- Outlets include sliding safety covers; detachable cord-management clip for cable organization
You might also take a look at those you have in your home right now as they actually DO wear out! What better thing to do than to start off the new year by making sure you update your power cords.
**Price is as of 8:45 a.m. on December 31, 2015. Shipping is free if you are a member of Amazon Prime or if you spend $35 on qualifying Amazon purchases. Prices and availability subject to change. Make sure you confirm the price prior to purchase. If the price noted above differs from what you see on line, it simply means that this deal has expired since the time it was posted.