This berry bottom cake with homemade cream cheese frosting is one of my go-to desserts. It’s super easy and melts in your mouth. It is so good that it rarely lasts long in our house!
We make this cake many different ways. By swapping the fruits in your berry bottom cake, you can get a completely different taste every time you make it!
It is one of our favorite desserts for a birthday, anniversary, Valentine’s Day – any day of the year!
Check out some of our other popular desserts:Print
Berry Bottom Cake With Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 can of mixed berry pie filling
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- In a greased 9×13 cake pan, pour the pie filling and spread it to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Mix the cake mix as directed on the box, and pour the batter on top of the berry mixture.
- Cook as directed on the box.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and allow it to cool for one hour.
- To make the frosting, combine the powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and the margarine in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk until smooth, and there are no lumps.
- Once the cake is cooled, apply the frosting to the entire top of the cake.
- Cut and serve.