Whether you’ve got left over eggs from Easter, or just love eggs, deviled eggs are always a hit. However, not all recipes are created equal. This is – in my opinion – the world’s best deviled egg recipe.
I use this not only after Easter, but also for our family get-togethers and Church potlucks. No matter how many different trays of deviled eggs we see on the table, my platter is always the first that is emptied!
There are a lot of variations you can try, such as spicy, or buffalo flavored. However, I can’t get my mind to go there. Deviled eggs are a classic and should not be messed with. Make sure to measure out the ingredients, and not just toss some in there, or your ratios will be off.
- Boiled Eggs (one dozen)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Peel the eggs, and rinse them in cool water to ensure there are no shell fragments left on the egg whites.
- Cut the eggs in half from top to bottom.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the egg yolks.
- Add the mayo, vinegar, and mustard to the egg yolks and mix until it's smooth.
- Use a piping back to pipe the mixture into the cavities in the egg whites (or you can spoon it in).
- Refrigerate until you're ready to serve!