Birthday Cake Oreo Truffles?!! Yes – there is such a thing!
Many times, I’ve had and loved regular Oreo truffles. They’re delicious! When I was shopping last week, I saw this awesome package of Birthday Cake Oreos, and had a brilliant idea – Birthday Cake Oreo Truffles.
Honestly, they’re one of the best truffles I’ve ever had. They’re so easy to make too; you’re gonna love them! My husband didn’t want to share them at all. They taste very similar to a key-lime cheesecake – and that’s quite all right with me!
(You can also make them with vanilla or any other flavor of candy melts to give it a different taste).
- Key Lime Candy Melts (or any other flavor you want)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 package of Birthday Cake Oreos
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Crush the entire package of Birthday Cake oreos, or put them in the food processor until they're in small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed Oreos and the softened cream cheese until well blended.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Before removing the tray from the freezer, melt the candy melts in a double boiler.
- Using a spoon, dip the pre-formed balls into the Key Lime Candy Melts.
- Roll them around until they're fully coated.
- Place the truffles on a sheet of wax paper to cool, until all the truffles are made.
- Sprinkle the truffles with the rainbow sprinkles.
- Place the finished tray of truffles back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Refrigerate after making, since cream cheese is a main ingredient.