Yes – you read that title correctly!!! Walmart is now price matching online retailers — including it’s own site!! This new OnLine Price Matching Policy takes effect today, November 14th. While all managers and stores should be aware, there may be instances where there is confusion, so please show compassion while they also learn how to do this.
So, what does this all mean to you? Simply put – you will get the best price out there – guaranteed! There are lots of details that you need to know about, so we’ve listed them below.
1. Which stores will be matched? Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com, Walmart.com. If the store you want to match is not listed here, speak with the manager as he/she has the final approval to match other retailers.
They will not match any membership clubs or auction sites, such as eBay, etc.
2. Do you need proof of the deal? Yes (and no). Customers need to provide the information regarding the online retailer and the price. The item MUST be in stock at the time of purchase at Walmart stores. While you normally do not need to show proof, store managers have the right to verify the item prior to the price matching. Also keep in mind that Walmart always reserves the right to limit quantities or one-per-customer types of rules to exclude dealers and resellers from wiping out shelves.
3. Where do you request the price match? You can do this right at the register. Keep in mind that if the price match is significant, the cashier may require manager approval. In addition, proof may be required, as mentioned in #2 above.
4. Can you match when shopping online at Walmart.com? Yep! You need to first contact Walmart Customer Care. They will then provide the final decision as to whether the price will be matched or not.
5. Does price match include shipping? No, that is not included in the price match. They will match only the item price.
6. Are there exclusions? Yes, there are many products/deals which are excluded. You will want to read through the entire list on Walmart’s site.