Did you know that there is a best time of year to buy a refrigerator? And it isn’t just appliances, it is several items. So, before you plan that next big purchase, you might want to check out this list to learn when you might be able to find the best deal!
- Clothes, including outerwear starts being discounted in January.
- Furniture. Many companies offer new products in February, which means deals in January to make room.
- Bedding and linens. You usually find white sales each January, where you find discounts on these items.
- Gas grills. Often discounted if there are any still in stock — to make room for the newest ones arriving in the spring.
- Snow blowers. There are not “too many” snow storms in February and we are heading towards spring, which means discounts.
- Golf clubs. Spring brings the newest drivers, putters and other golf equipment, so you can find the prior year’s items on sale as they make room for the newest items.
- Luggage. Look for deals as this is the time between travel seasons.
- Tennis Shoes. This is the time of the year when people are gearing up to get out and run, which means there are often great deals.
- Televisions. Most Japenese manufacturer’s clse their year on March 31st, which means new models come out. You can sometimes find great deals on the prior year’s model at this time.
- Refrigerators. With the newest models coming out in June, stores sell those from the prior year in order to make room for the newest ones.
- Mattresses. These are often on sale around holidays (such as President’s Day, Labor Day, etc), but May is a great month when you are likely to find more deals.
- Tools. When Father’s Day rolls around, you can find really great deals on power and hand tools.
- Dishware. With wedding season in full swing, you can often find great deals. So, if you need to update, you might check them out at this time of the year.
- Video Games. Most games come out around the holidays, so several months later they usually go on sale. So you might watch for deals.
- Furniture. If you miss out in January, try again right now. With the new products coming out in August, you can find deep discounts.
- School supplies. With back to school, you can find some great deals. You can also find some back to school clearance deals as you get into the end of the month or into September.
- Laptops/Computers. These electronics are usually on sale as everyone gears up for back to school time.
- Summer clothing. The winter items are already hitting the shelves, which means savings on your clothes for the following summer.
- Lawnmowers. It is the end of lawn care season, which means deals on mowers and other yard equipment.
- School supplies. These are often discounted even further after the kids are back in school.
- Patio Furniture. No more lazy evenings outside, so these are usually on sale to get moved out of the stores to make room for holiday items.
- Appliances. Once again, there are new models coming out, so try to see if you can’t find a great deal.
- Wedding attire. This is not popular wedding season, so you just might find a better deal on your dream gown.
- Black Friday “week” deals. It seems that these deals start earlier in the week now. If you play your cards right, you can get amazing deals on just about anything.
- Holiday items. Shop the week after Christmas for your holiday wrap, bows, tags, decor, etc for the next year.
- Pools. If you have been thinking of getting one, buy it now and then install it in the spring.