One thing I love about running this website is that I get a chance to try various products and give you my honest review — before you spend your hard earned money yourself! I recently was asked if I wanted to try the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter with Non-GMO Sourced ingredients and I said – of course!
As a mom, I love to do what I can to make sure the foods I feed my family are good for them. I hate the idea of foods that are chemically altered going onto our table, but it can sometimes be hard to do that. One thing I never gave much thought about in this process were the condiments we used. I mean, who really thought about that when thinking of non-GMO products? I know I never did. Did you?
Here are some interesting facts:
- The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is the first Unilever spread to be made with non-GMO sourced ingredients
- The new spreads can be part of an overall healthy, balanced diet and provide a source of good fats – monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats – similar to those found in avocados, walnuts and almonds, and can be part of an overall healthy, balanced diet
- This new recipe is offered in the Original, Light, and Olive Oil varieties
- The transformation is a whole systems approach affecting how Unilever spreads are made from seed to table, including:
- A newly renovated facility in New Century, Kansas, which currently sends “zero waste” to landfill, with a commitment to be 100% powered by renewable energy by 2020.
- Redesigned packaging, resulting in a new, rectangular shape that is more space-efficient in the refrigerator, dishwasher safe (top rack only), reusable and recyclable where facilities exist. Following the entire portfolio transformation, the redesign will eliminate about 552,000 pounds of plastic from the waste stream per year. This is roughly the weight of Air Force One.
So, not only do you get all of the butter flavor without the fat of butter, but you can now rest assured that I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is made with non-GMO sourced ingredients too! It is just another way you can ensure that what you put on your dinner table is safe for your family to consume.
If you are worried about taste, well, there is no reason to worry. We tried this ourselves and could not tell any difference at all. In fact, it still tastes exactly like butter (and trust me, I am a person who loves her butter). Now, I can still enjoy a little extra spread on my toast, potatoes —- just about anything —- and know that I’m still taking care of my body at the same time!
This contest will be open until January 12, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The winners will be chosen at random and the prize will be mailed to the address provided on the entry form.
Penny Pinchin’ Mom received the product in order to facilitate the review. By entering this giveaway/sweepstakes, you are attesting that you have read and can comply with the Giveaway Terms & Conditions.