If you are dreaming of a warm dish of Cheddar’s croissant bread pudding right now, you can whip it up at home! This is the simplest recipe and tastes as just as good!
Have you ever tried Cheddar’s croissant bread pudding? I am not a huge bread pudding fan but theirs is AH-MAZING! Not too soggy, not too sweet – just perfect!
I actually have found myself visiting the restaurant with a girlfriend or two just to order nothing more than a croissant bread pudding! So it was only right that I invest some time learning how to make my own Cheddar’s croissant bread pudding. This recipe turned out absolutely amazing -better than I could have imagined.
More incredible copycat recipes:
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- 24 Copycat Recipes to Make You Drool
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
Cheddar’s Croissant Bread Pudding
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 6 stale croissants
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (any)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- ***Top with homemade or purchased caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Tear croissants into approximately 1 inch pieces. Place in a buttered medium to large sized Pyrex baking dish. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl or KitchenAid mixer, whisk egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Pour mixture over croissant pieces and mix with a spoon, until all bread is damp. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top, allowing them to fall into the crevices of the bread pieces and naturally mix.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and caramel sauce.