Cheesy garlic mashed potatoes are a grown up way to enjoy a kid favorite!
Some foods just taste like “home” to me. Mashed potatoes are one of those items.
Now that I’m older, I like to give my food a bit more flavor. These cheesy garlic mashed potatoes do just that.
They are still comforting and make you feel like home, but have a grown up flair. They are the perfect side to a steak, fried chicken, pork chops…..just about anything you plan to make!!
Check out these other incredibly simple recipes your family will love:
Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4-5 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut Russet Potatoes into large 2 x 2 inch pieces. Fill a large stockpot with water and add cut potatoes. Place on stove top and boil until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Strain water. Add all ingredients and mash with a hand immersion blender until smooth.
- Add more seasoning to taste.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and serve!