Some foods just taste like “home” to me. Mashed potatoes are one of those items. Now that I’m older, I like to give my food a bit more flavor. These cheesy garlic mashed potatoes do just that.
If you love garlic and you love cheese, then these are the potatoes for you! This dish is absolutely amazing and will make your taste buds dance. As if the blend of creamy mashed potatoes and cheese isn’t enough, there is just the right amount of garlic that takes this dish to the next level.
These aren’t your grandma’s potatoes!
I love to serve up these garlic cheese potatoes with some of our family’s favorite dishes, including oven-baked BBQ brisket and sour cream and onion chicken. They pair perfectly with anything from chicken fried steak to pork to steak
Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
The perfect blend of garlic and cheese, make these cheesy garlic mashed potatoes a crowd pleasing side dish.
- 4–5 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut Russet Potatoes into large 2 x 2 inch pieces. Fill a large stockpot with water and add cut potatoes. Place on stovetop and boil until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain water and return potatoes to the pot.
- Add all ingredients and mash with a hand immersion blender until smooth.
- Add more seasoning to taste.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and serve!
Keywords: easy garlic and cheese mashed potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, cheese and garlic mashed potatoes