This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mirum. All opinions are my own.
A couple of weeks ago, I shared a simple recipe using Knorr Selects — Philly Steak & Peppers. Well, I enjoyed that simple dinner idea that it inspired me to create my own!
Fall is here and it makes me think of warm nights inside with my family. One of my favorite places to gather is the dinner table. It is where we have some of our best conversations and get to connect with our kids.
It is fun for us to work together to create a meal we’ll all enjoy — but that doesn’t take hours to prepare. This new recipe I created – Chicken Broccoli Roasted Garlic Alfredo – is just that. It is a simple way to transform Knorr Selects into a delicious meal.
If you want to find Knorr Selects, take a look at your local Food Lion. They should be sitting near the rice and pastas. (And, when you see the price you’ll be even happier)!
This recipe is really easy to create – and you can customize it if you would like, in order to meet your own family’s tastes.
To start, dice up around 1 – 1 1/2 lb of chicken breasts. You want to ensure that the pieces are not too large, so that they cook easily. Add them to the olive oil and add salt and pepper. Cook on medium high heat for 5 – 7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
Next, add about 1 cup of chopped broccoli to the pan, along with olive oil. Allow to cook until softened (if it seems dry while cooking, add 1 – 2 Tbs of water to the pan). It should take around 3 – 4 minutes until warmed and lightly cooked. Remove and set aside with the chicken.
Next add your water, butter and milk to the pan, along with your Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice. Cook according to the package instructions (around 10 minutes).
The last step is to add in the broccoli and chicken to the rice. Add garlic powder and/or pepper to taste and enjoy!
A simple, weeknight dinner your family will love!Print
Knorr Transformations: Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs diced chicken breasts
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- Garlic salt (as desired)
- Cube chicken and place into pan with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Salt and pepper lightly. Cook on medium to medium high heat until cooked through and no more pink remains. This usually takes around 5 – 7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add broccoli and remaining oil to the pan and cook until the broccoli is slightly softened. If needed, add 1 – 2 Tbsp water. Cook for around 3 – 5 minutes and then remove and set aside.
- Add the butter, milk and water to the pan along with the Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice. Cook for 10 minutes (according to package instructions).
- Add chicken and broccoli to rice and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
If desired, add additional garlic salt and pepper for additional flavor.