There is something special about strawberries and summer and how they pair so perfectly. When I first tried Chilled Strawberry Soup, I wasn’t so sure I was going to like it. But it took just one spoonful and I was hooked. I could not stop eating it. I knew right there that I was going to figure out how I could make it myself.
That is how this recipe was born!
Chilled Strawberry Soup is creamy, and cold, and delicious. It’s like the best strawberry dessert you ever had, with a beautiful cold cream already mixed in, that you can eat one chilled spoonful at a time!
It’s one of my favorite desserts to make, and since it’s chilled you can make it in advance easily. It also makes your entire meal look fancy to serve a chilled soup for dessert! You and I know it’s just a few cold ingredients blended together, but no one else has to know! I wish all desserts were this easy to make!Print
Chilled Strawberry Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Dessert
- 2 lbs frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of sour cream
- Whipped cream and fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Allow the frozen strawberries to thaw completely. Leave them in the container they came in, so they retain their natural juices.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a blender (except for the fresh strawberries.)
- Chill for one to two hours before serving. Stir well before serving.
- Serve in chilled bowls to keep the soup cold longer, and for best results.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a single fresh mint leaf for a beautiful presentation!
Need some other dessert ideas? Try these out!