There is something special about strawberries and summer and how they pair so perfectly. When I first tried Chilled Strawberry Soup, I wasn’t so sure I was going to like it. But it took just one spoonful and I was hooked. I could not stop eating it. I knew right there that I was going to figure out how I could make it myself.
Cold strawberry soup is creamy, and cool, and delicious. It’s like the best strawberry dessert you’ve ever had, with a beautiful cold cream already mixed in, that you can eat one chilled spoonful at a time!
It’s one of my favorite desserts to make, and since it’s chilled you can make it in advance. One thing I love is that it the perfect finishing touch to any meal you serve.
Once you figure out how to make strawberry soup, it will become one of your favorite summer desserts. Trust me. I really wish everything was this simple to make! If you want more summery goodness, you will also want to try our refreshing strawberry pineapple sorbet smoothie. It’s amazing!
Chilled Strawberry Soup Recipe
Strawberry soup is the perfect summertime recipe. Cool, creamy and refreshing – it’s the ideal way to finish any meal.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of sour cream
- Whipped cream and fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- 2 lbs of frozen strawberries
- Allow the frozen strawberries to thaw completely. Leave them in the container they came in, so they retain their natural juices.
- Combine heavy cream, yogurt, and sour cream in a blender and blend. Then add the strawberries and continue to blend until mixed well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours.
- Stir again before putting into chilled bowls.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a single fresh mint leaf for a beautiful presentation!
For best results, chill the dessert bowls so the soup stays cold when served.
Keywords: strawberry soup, chilled strawberry soup