Chocolate Strawberry Hearts
- Category: Dessert
- Strawberries (cleaned and dried)
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Sprinkles (if desired)
- Slice the stem off of each strawberry.
- Slice the strawberry in half (vertically).
- “Join” the points of the strawberry together and connect them with a toothpick (hint – make sure you leave some of the toothpick showing so that you can remove it once the chocolate sets, so you do not have to worry about biting down into a toothpick).
- Melt 1/2 of the package of almond bark in the microwave. It is best to do so in 30 second increments, stirring between each. This will avoid burning and scorching.
- Dip each connected strawberry into the chocolate. You may need to use a spoon to cover all of the tops and sides.
- Place each one onto the wax paper. You can spin the strawberry and make adjustments as needed so that they look like a heart.
- If you wish to add sprinkles, do so while the chocolate is melted.
- Allow to set up for 20 – 30 minutes (can do this on your counter or in your refrigerator.
- Store for up to 1 week.