One email I receive over and over again asks me how to get coupons print. With browser updates and computer application upgrades, this can be an issue. I know some of you can not print SmartSource coupons easily and others are not sure what your errors might mean.
I’ve listed out some of the most common printing issues and some steps you can take to correct them — or at least understand what they mean.
I have downloaded the Target software and it keeps telling me to do it again and again. If you have already downloaded the software, you can’t download it again. There are two things you can try if this happens to you:
1 – Delete the coupon software and download it again as it possible that the version you have is somehow corrupt.
2 – Try another browser. Sometimes a coupon my not print in Chrome, but it might work when using Safari or Firefox (for example).
I can’t print anything that is a Smart Source coupon. This is a common problem and often times the fix is simply due to the version of Java that is installed on your computer. Simply complete an update and this can help.
When I try to print Smart Source coupons, I get the message “Sorry. Your Default Printer Is Not Supported.” Follow these simple steps to print these coupons (just change them back to the original settings when you are done printing).
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Printers.
- Right click your printer.
- Select properties and then Advanced.
- Select the “Print Directly to Printer” option.
- Click apply.
It should now print for you. As mentioned above, make sure to change the settings back when you are done printing. If you still are unable to print, review Smart Source Help resources (go to their page and scroll down to GET HELP).
I have tried printing and it won’t work – no matter what. There are a few things you can try:
- You might try to change your browser to Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari (depending upon which one you are currently using).
- Your firewall may also be blocking the print. You might try to disable it and then print to see if that isn’t your issue.
- Make sure the default printers is not set to pdf format.
- Make sure the settings for browser add-ons are actually turned on. These sometimes include settings which allow plugins such as coupon printers to work.
- Run a test page from another application, such as Word, to make sure your printer is properly connected.
- Always test your print with a coupon you don’t necessarily want or need so that you do not waste a print on something you may want.
I’ve never printed the coupon before, but it says I already did – can I still get one? That depends. If the coupon starts with http://bricks………. you can. When the page loads (but before you tell it to print), scroll down to the bottom of the screen and hit the HELP link. You can request the coupon be mailed to you instead.
I can’t print the coupons from my mobile device. If you can not get the coupons to print, the first thing you need to do is to make sure that your coupon is connected to your wireless printer. Find another application and do a test print (so as to not waste a possible coupon print).
In addition, the first time you print from coupons.com, you will be prompted to request a pin. This will be texted t you and you need to enter it before you are allowed to print anything. If you did not yet do this, you must, or you will not have access to those coupons.
Read more: How To Print Coupons from Wireless Devices.
I can’t get any coupons to print, can’t I just ask someone to mail them to me? Unfortunately, you can not. Coupons.com, SmartSource and RedPlum only offer coupons via print. There is not any way to request that they be mailed to you.
Do you have any other questions/issues printing your coupons? Or, have you found a solution to your own problems when it comes to printing coupons? Please share them with us because someone else might be facing your same issue and you can help them too!