Have you ever tried a Chick-fil-A chicken salad sandwich? They are amazing! I don’t live close to one, so I figured out how I could make it at home. You’ve to go try this simple recipe!
It never fails. Anytime I really am craving Chick-fil-A, it’s on a Sunday when they’re closed. UGH. And the one thing I usually crave is their chicken salad sandwich. Now that it is not only no longer on the menu (so I can’t get it when I want), I’ve had to get creative.
After a little trial and error, I was able to come up with this simple recipe that is pretty close to the original Chick-fil-A chicken salad sandwich, if I do say so myself! And, the first time my husband tried it, he thought it was back on their menu.
If you’ve never tried one before, their sandwich is the perfect mix of tangy and sweet, with the right balance of chicken to dressing. Make sure you also make a frosted lemonade to go along with your sandwich!Print
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich
Recreate the famous chicken salad sandwich at home with a few simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- Wheat bread slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Loose leaf lettuce (optional)
- Boil the chicken breasts, until they’re cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to cool, and then cube the chicken into small bite size pieces or smaller.
- Chop the boiled eggs up to the same size as the chicken pieces, or smaller.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mayonnaise, relish, and boiled eggs. Mix until the mayonnaise has completely coated all the ingredients, and everything is evenly dispersed.
- Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Refrigerate the mixture, for 1-2 hours, or until you’re ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop a generous amount onto a slice of wheat bread, and top with a second slice.
- You may also choose to add a slice of loose leaf lettuce
- Makes approximately eight sandwiches.
Can be stored for up to one week in the refrigerator.