Have you ever tried a Chick-fil-A chicken salad sandwich? They are amazing! I don’t live close to one, so I figured out how I could make it at home. You’ve to go try this simple recipe!
It never fails. Anytime I really am craving Chick-fil-A, it’s on a Sunday when they’re closed. Through the years I have come up with some copycat recipes to make for my family for those days when they’re closed, or when we can’t make it there.
One of those recipes is this Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich. And, I’m even more saddened now that they removed it from their menu! What in the world will I do!!?
This sandwich was one of my favorites. It is the perfect mix of tangy and sweet, with the right balance of chicken to dressing. And now that they no longer sell it, I am left to make it at home.
This copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich is so close to the real thing, that my husband thought I had made a run to their restaurant! Make sure you also make a frosted lemonade to go along with your sandwich!Print
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Sandwich
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- Wheat bread slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Loose leaf lettuce (optional)
- Boil the chicken breasts, until they’re cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to cool, and then cube the chicken into small bite size pieces or smaller.
- Chop the boiled eggs up to the same size as the chicken pieces, or smaller.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mayonnaise, relish, and boiled eggs. Mix until the mayonnaise has completely coated all the ingredients, and everything is evenly dispersed.
- Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Refrigerate the mixture, for 1-2 hours, or until you’re ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop a generous amount onto a slice of wheat bread, and top with a second slice.
- You may also choose to add a slice of loose leaf lettuce
- Makes approximately eight sandwiches.
Can be stored for up to one week in the refrigerator.