The soups you find at Panera are out of this world amazing. One of the most popular soups they sell is their broccoli cheese soup. (If you haven’t yet tried it, you are missing out).
And, it seems, you always crave a bowl when you can’t get to your local restaurant. Fortunately, you can recreate this at home! It is really simple to make a copycat Panera broccoli cheddar soup in your kitchen.
You may have seen this Panera broccoli cheese soup on several sites. That is because it is that good (and simple to make). And, if you try some copycat recipes you see online, you often feel let down, because it did not live up to it’s name.
Fortunately, you won’t have that problem when you make this creamy broccoli cheddar soup. I’ve eaten my fair share of soup from Panera and when I make this recipe at home, I can’t tell that I made it. I would swear I stopped and bought a bowl to bring home with me.
So, how do you make Panera broccoli cheddar soup? Easy! Just check out my recipe below. While it is simple, there a couple of tips you should know before you make a batch. First of all, while you can use mild cheddar cheese, I recommend sharp to get a bit more flavor. You may also want to check your produce aisle to see if they sell shredded carrots, as that saves you some time.
The final tip is to serve it in a warm wheat bread bowl. Rather than make this myself, I just pick them up at the store as well and they are the perfect vessel for holding a warm bowl of cream broccoli soup!
More incredible recipes you need to try:Print
Copycat Panera Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Whip up a batch of warm and comforting broccoli cheddar soup — that tastes just like what you can buy at Panera.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large broccoli heads
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 16 oz half & half
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large soup pot, combine the chicken stock, butter, half & half, and cheddar cheese soup.
- Let it cook on medium heat, while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the bottoms off the broccoli florets, and into small bunches.
- Coarsely cut the onion in to small wedges.
- Add the shredded carrots, the broccoli florets, and the onion to the pot.
- Let it simmer on low/medium for about twenty to thirty minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, until well combined.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until it’s semi-smooth, leaving small chunks of broccoli, onion, and carrot for texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.