I’m all about quick and easy dinner ideas that my family will enjoy. One of my favorite go-to recipes is creamy chicken and broccoli. It’s a simple meal that I can make in just a few minutes – and my entire family gobbles it up!
There is nothing worse than standing in the kitchen cooking dinner after a long day. That’s why I’m all about those quick and simple dinners. But, of course, I need to make sure my family will eat it. Becuase, that’s the second worse thing about dinner!
One meal that all five of us eat (shocking, but true) is my cream of broccoli chicken. It is the perfect blend of garlic and butter that ties the entire dish together. Your family will absolutely love it!
I normally prepare this creamy chicken meal over a bed of rice. But, I’ve also used pasta and even serve it all by itself! It’s just that good.
More easy dinner recipes you’ll love:Print
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
Easy weeknight dinner idea, this blend of spices, chicken and broccoli is a quick meal you can make at home.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Entree
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (or 4-5 cloves, minced)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- Rice (optional)
- Pat your chicken breast down, and season with the salt, pepper, and paprika evenly on both sides.
- In a large, deep dish skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter on medium high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, place the chicken breast in the pan, and let them cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and place them somewhere to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add the remaining two tablespoons of butter and the garlic.
- Stir frequently, until the garlic turns a light brown color.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup and the water until combined.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the broccoli and the chicken to the pan.
- Cover the pan with the lid, and cook for an additional ten minutes on low.
- Serve over rice.
Keywords: cream of chicken, creamy broccoli chicken, creamy chicken broccoli