This potato chowder is a recipe I discovered a few years ago. Toss it into your slow cooker and it does the rest. This is one of those dishes that tastes even better the second day!!! Yum!!
If you want a yummy, warm comfort food, then you will want to try this recipe for Creamy Potato Chowder! It is super easy to make and includes what I call “real” ingredients!
It is the perfect recipe to toss into the slow cooker before you leave for work in the morning and it will be ready for dinner when you walk through the door. That is the PERFECT type of meal, in my opinion!
Other amazing soups and slow cooker recipes:Print
Creamy Potato Chowder
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours
- Category: Entree
- 7 – 8 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 cans of Chicken Broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of onion (preference)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed (the smaller the better)
- Bacon (optional – I use Oscar Mayer Precooked bits)
- Chives, minced (optional)
- Place the potatoes, broth , soup, onion and pepper into a slow cooker (good idea to use a liner or spray before hand for easy clean up).
- Cover and cook for around 8 hours (the smaller the cubes of potatoes, the quicker they will cook.
- If you use bigger cubes, you may need to cook longer, until the potatoes are cooked through).
- At about 7 hours, add in the cream cheese and stir. You will want it to melt down as much as possible so as to not have large chunks. It usually takes around 1 – 1 1/2 hours for it to break down completely.
- Top each serving with bacon and chives (as desired). You can cook your own bacon or use the Oscar Mayer pieces like we do.
- Serve with homemade bread (cuz home made bread makes everything taste even better)!!!