Easter is coming soon and the best part is that means Spring is here! I absolutely love decorating for Spring/Easter around the house. All of the bright colors, cute cuddling critters and of course the sweets that come along with it.
One of my first projects for the upcoming Easter month and decor included this super easy to make paint chip banner. In all honesty, this project took less than 10 minutes and turned out beautiful! Simply pull out that Silhouette or cutting machine, grab some cardstock paper (or paint chip samples), some twine and you are set to go!
- Silhouette Cutting Machine
- 8+ colored cardstock pages, scrapbook paper or paint chip samples
- Black Vinyl
- First of all I used paint chip samples I picked up while purchasing paint for my new house. The samples I picked were 4×6 solo colored sheets. If you have no intention on buying paints, but would like to use paint chip samples, try asking the paint store if they have old or discontinued samples you could have.
- With your Silhouette machine (or other cutting machine), simply open up a new page, draw an egg shape and two tiny circles (for the twine to go through) with your drawing tool, set your blade to 4 and cut.
- Again with the Silhouette write the word “EASTER” or if you prefer you could write “SPRING” in Gabriola font. I made my letters 2.5 inches tall. Print onto black vinyl and transfer onto previously cut eggs.
- Thread twine through eggs. Tie a loop on each end of the twine to make hanging easier.
- Hang over a decorated entry table, atop your hearth or to the place of your choosing.
This project is really very simple and fun to do. The best part is you can easily change the colors and designs around to make it your own.