These wine glass tumblers have become quite popular. So why not jump on that band wagon and make a fun yet “classy” wine glass to go for yourself? All you need for this project is a Silhouette machine and a wine glass tumbler (I got mine from the Dollar Tree.) For about a buck you make one of these for yourself, a friend or as a gift for someone special.
1. Go HERE to the Silhouette store and purchase the grape image pictured above. Or find an image you like better and trace it with your Silhouette app.
2. Using font “Lucida Calligraphy” write the words “Vine To Go”.
3. With the circle drawing tool “draw” a circle. Using the mouse tool move the words “Vino To Go” onto the circle. This will allow the wording to take on the curve of the circle. Don’t worry about the lines of the circle as those will not cut in the end. This step is strictly for getting the wording to curve.
4. Center the grapes under the curved wording.
5. Make sure all words and the image are traced with cut lines. Make sure to put your vinyl on a mat, change your blade to a “2” and send to Silhouette.
6. When the machine is done cutting, weed excess vinyl away. Put on Transfer Paper and center on your wine glass tumbler. (To make sure your vinyl stays on better, longer and is washable you may want to rub the area you are putting the vinyl on the cup with rubbing alcohol to clean off all oils and grime.)
7. Make sure all bubbles are out.
8. Viola you are done! This project is super easy and really only takes about 5 minutes from start to finish!