I stopped into Office Max today and redeemed my Perks Points I had earned from my copy paper deal a few months back. I picked up a double pack of toner and paid only $10.28 out of my own pocket – gotta love a deal like that!
While standing in the checkout line, I noticed a sign that outlined the new recycling program at Office Max and how you can earn $3.00 in Perks. So I came home and found this information on line.
Important Recycling Program Changes – Effective January 1, 2010
More Brands to Recycle:
Now you can recycle visibly undamaged HP, Dell, Lexmark, Brother, Epson, Samsung, Kodak, Sharp or Canon ink or toner cartridges by bringing them to any OfficeMax® retail store with your MaxPerks ID.
Change in Earning Structure:
• You will earn $3 in rewards for each qualifying* ink or toner cartridge that you recycle.
• You can earn up to $60 in rewards per calendar month per member (from 20 ink or toner cartridges). While there is no limit to the number or brand of ink/toner cartridges you may recycle, you will only receive rewards for the brands and limited quantity noted.
• Simply present your MaxPerks ID when submitting cartridges to ensure you receive credit.
• The total amount of recycling rewards issued cannot exceed your total qualified† purchase amount in your MaxPerks account.
For example, if you bring in 20 cartridges throughout Month 1 and spend $50 on qualified purchases, your Month 1 recycling rewards earned will be $60, but the rewards that will be issued to you will be $48 (which is $3 for each of 16 cartridges). The remaining $12 for the last 4 cartridges will be held in your account in a “pending” status until you make additional qualified† purchases in at least $3 increments in subsequent Months or until January 1 of the following year, when the account balance will be reset to $0.
• Recycling rewards will be issued in the next statement cycle along with any other MaxPerks rewards you may have earned during the same period.
If you don’t have anywhere else to recycle those empty cartridges, this is a great place to go. Then, hang onto those rewards and pick up free pens, paper and other things you can use around the house!
Keep up with all of the coupons, deals and freebies by subscribing to KC Penny Pinchin’ Mama’s daily e-mail digests or RSS Reader. You can even get up to the minute updates through our Fan Page on Facebook or Tweets on Twitter. Thanks for visiting!