Blueberries are a warm-weather favorite at our house. When the summer comes, their prices drop, and if you live near a blueberry farm, you can pick them yourself! A great way to use blueberries (other than eating them freshly picked, of course), is to make a super simple, easy blueberry compote out of them.
Compote can be used as a topping for many things like ice cream, french toast, pancakes, or waffles, cheesecake, and so much more! Sometimes I eat the compote all by itself. Yep. It is that good.
It only requires just a few simple ingredients and just ten minutes to make. Before the summer is over, you just have to make this easy blueberry compote.
This is a great way to use up blueberries that are beginning to soften. You can also use this to create a dessert with less sugar and carbs.
It’s the perfect, light, summer dessert for a special occasion or any day of the week! I like to make it in advance, and store it in a jar in the fridge to make breakfast a little extra special one morning. It can take pancakes from boring to fancy in no time at all.Print
Easy Blueberry Compote
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan over the stove, and set the heat to medium high.
- Bring the mixture to a soft boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Allow the mixture to thicken, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thickened to a runny, pie-filling consistency, it’s finished.
- Top your favorite dessert with this easy blueberry compote, or eat it as is.
- Allow to cool for two minutes before serving.