If you want an easy meal that will warm you to your toes and fill you up, you need to make this super easy cheeseburger soup! It’s delicious and so simple to make that you’ll want to add it to your regular menu rotation for the cool months. My family loves when I make this!
I’m all about quick and easy meals, especially after working all day! Cheeseburger soup is made with just a few simple ingredients including ground beef, potatoes, and Velveeta. But, what I think really sets this recipe apart is that you also add pickles! Yep – pickles in soup!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER SOUP
Start by browning ground beef and then add Velveeta, potatoes, and spices and broth to the pot. Let it simmer for around 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Then you are pretty much ready to eat! It really is that easy to make!!! If you want to change it up a bit, brown some bacon and crumble it as a final topping before you serve it.
This recipe serves about four. So, if you have a larger family or crowd to feed, you may want to double it. Even if you don’t eat it all for dinner, it reheats beautifully, making it perfect for lunch the next day!!
My family was not too sure when I first told them that I was making them cheeseburger soup for dinner. (They thought I was joking). But now that they’ve tried it, they ask for it time and again. It is that good.
Other dishes you need to try:Print
Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
A quick and easy soup you can make that your entire family will love!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- 1 lb hamburger, browned
- 1 lb Velveeta, cubed
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 dill pickle spears, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown the hamburger, and drain the grease.
- Add the browned hamburger to a large pot and turn stove to medium-high heat.
- Add the sour cream, milk, Velveeta, potatoes, pickles, onion, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, basil, and parsley to the pot.
- Salt and pepper the mixture and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cover.
- Stir occasionally.
- Continue to cook until the potatoes and onion are soft (around 30 – 35 minutes).
- Salt and pepper and serve.
*For an added twist, add crumbled bacon to the top and transform it into bacon cheeseburger soup.
Keywords: cheeseburger soup, easy cheeseburger soup recipe