Limeade is one of my favorite drinks when summer rolls around. There is nothing better than sitting outside on a warm summer night with a refreshing glass in your hand. I use to buy it from the store. That is until I figured out how to make limeade at home!!
When hot temperatures roll in, there’s nothing better to quench your thirst than a cold glass of lemonade or limeade! Sure, you can always buy it at the store, but nothing beats making it yourself. This easy homemade limeade recipe will have you sipping cold limeade in no time, and it’s SO good!
You only need three ingredients for this limeade recipe, and it doesn’t take very long to make at all. Yep. Just three simple ingredients.
You can add some additional flavor with some cherry syrup to make your cherry limeade. You might also try mango or even strawberry!!! While I usually stick to my basic limeade recipe, it can be fun to spice it up a bit.
Other refreshing recipes you will want to try:Print
Homemade Limeade Recipe
Nothing says summer like limeade! Follow this simple recipe to learn how to make limeade at home this year!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Cuisine: Beverage
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup + 5 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a small sauce pan, combine one cup of warm water and sugar.
- Stir while heating until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Squeeze the juice from your limes (you will need about 12 limes total, depending on their size) into a one cup measuring cup. TIP: roll your limes firmly on a hard surface before juicing them, if juicing by hand, to get the most juice out of each lime.
- Combine the cup of lime juice with the sugar mixture into a pitcher.
- Add 5 cups of cold water, and mix well.
- Add 1-2 cups of ice and let cool in the refrigerator.
- For best results, allow it to chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Keywords: limeade, homemade limeade, limeade recipe