We love fruit for dessert. One of our favorite recipes is fruit pizza, but I don’t always want to make a full-sized one. So I found a way to make a mini version instead! That way, I can make fruit pizza for dessert when we want it, and I don’t have to worry about any of my fruit (or money) going to waste.
Some of our family’s favorite desserts are made with fruit. They are refreshing but not overly sweet, so one of our go-to desserts is these mini fruit pizza cookies!
We’ve made a larger fruit pizza sugar cookie in the past, but I found that the slices were a bit large. In my effort to control portion sizes, I looked for a small sugar cookie. That’s when it hit me! Why not make mini fruit pizzas?
I happened to be in a hurry that day and did not have time to make a batch of sugar cookies. I grabbed a roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough from the store instead. Then, I whipped the spread and sliced up the fruit and created my mini desserts. Not only did I impress myself, but my family was equally impressed.
Whenever I made the larger version, the cookie tended to get soggy after a while. But I don’t have that issue with these. We each grab a cookie and create our own “pizzas” when we want them. And, everyone gets to create their own style!
My oldest daughter goes for strawberries and kiwi. My son prefers sliced blueberries, and my youngest grabs every fruit she can. It’s been a fun way to get them into the kitchen and creating something that is not overly sweet.
If you like easy summer desserts, you may want to check out these posts, too:
Easy Mini Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe
A simple single-serve dessert idea that is perfectly refreshing.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 27 mins
- Yield: 12-15 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of mixed fruits, chopped
- Bake the sugar cookies as directed.
- In a medium size bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until they’re smooth.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Spread a heaping spoon of the cream cheese mixture on the top of the sugar cookies.
- Chop the fruit into small pieces. We used kiwi, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Top the Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas with the pieces of fruit.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: fruit pizza, mini fruit pizza, fruit pizza cookies, fruit pizza made with sugar cookies