There is nothing quite like a dish of these easy Swedish meatballs and creamy, rich gravy. They are packed with so much flavor that they’ll quickly be the best meatballs you’ve ever had.
I love making a batch of Swedish meatballs because they are not only easy but very quick to make. In just about 30 minutes, you’ll go from prep to the table. That’s my kind of easy weeknight dinner idea!!!
(The great thing about this recipe is that you can serve it for special occasions, too. I know one family that eats this every Christmas Eve as a fun tradition and money-saving option. Get more Christmas-dinner-worthy recipes at How to Do Christmas on a Budget.)
We serve our Swedish meatballs over egg noodles, but you can serve them over rice or mashed potatoes too. Or, do what I do and just eat them slathered in the gravy!!!
I promise that once you try this recipe, they will be your go-to dinner idea time after time. They really are that good!!! This recipe even gives Ikea Swedish Meatballs a run for their money.
More dinner recipes:Print
Easy Swedish Meatballs
Quick and easy, these are the most awesome Swedish meatballs you’ll ever taste!!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Entree
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Combine the hamburger, egg, panko, onion, allspice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Put the olive oil and the butter in a pan, and let it get hot.
- Form the meat mixture into medium sized balls, and place them in the pan.
- Cook the meatballs on medium-high heat.
- Turn the meatballs as they cook, until they are crispy brown and cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan, and put them on a plate with a paper towel to let them drain.
- Sprinkle the grease in the pan with the flour, stir to combine.
- Stir in the beef broth, cream, Worcestershire sauce, and dijon mustard until it begins to thicken.
- Add the meatballs back in, and cook on low for ten more minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Keywords: Easy Swedish Meatballs, Swedish Meatballs Recipe, How to Make Swedish Meatballs